You will know the time has come to upgrade your service body, your current unit will tell you. As a business owner who relies on service bodies to carry out your daily operations, you need to take care and maintain your service bodies regularly.
However, there may come a time when a good dose of TLC will not do the trick and an upgrade will be the only option.
A service body is a great investment and can be an integral part of your business operations. A business-savvy operator will know when they need a service body upgrade and put more money back into the core of their operations.
When Should You Upgrade Your Service Body?
So, how do you know when it is time to upgrade your vehicle service body? Here are some of the signs to watch out for:
- Aesthetics – when the service body does not look good anymore. Watch out for rust, holes, dents, and other unsightly damage. Severe external damage like rusting and dents cannot be remedied so it may be time to get a new one and upgrade it for better and improved functionality, storage, and appearance.
- Running Out of Space – storage is the key to getting a service body in the first place. If your current service body cannot accommodate your equipment, tools, and other items, this is a clear sign that you need to upgrade to a bigger, better unit.
- General Deterioration – when the body is beaten up, paint is fading and chipping, there are signs of rust, and there are overall indicators of structural deterioration, it is time to move on to a bigger, newer service body.
- Functionality – when the service body cannot meet your increasing demands for functionality, upgrade right away. You will be losing opportunities if your service body no longer functions as well as it used to.
- High-Fuel Consumption – heavy units will require more fuel. If your service body alone is heavy, when you add your equipment, tools and other things, you will be spending a lot of money on fuel. That will eat up a lot of your budget and profit. Get a bigger, more lightweight unit so you can save on fuel.
- Safety Concerns – Never put profit before safety. When your service body is no longer structurally sound and it is beyond repair, a new one is your only option.
- Increased Maintenance and Repairs – When your unit is always in need of repairs and maintenance, you will save more money in the long run if you upgrade to a new one. A brand new installation is more efficient and can save you a lot of time, energy and money.
These are some of the tell-tale signs you need to look for. However, you know your unit better than anyone. Watch out for signs and changes that will tell you an upgrade is imminent.
Do not wait for an accident or for the unit to breakdown. Go ahead and upgrade to a better, more suitable unit as soon as possible.
What Are Some Considerations For Your Service Body?
Service bodies are not just for show. However, as a business owner, you want your service body to look great and function well. It also adds to your credibility and creates a professional appearance. Important considerations when choosing the right service body:
- Your business requirements
- Space and storage
- Materials used
- Physical appearance
- Durability and life span
- Fuel consumption
Types of Service Bodies MFI Service Bodies Offer:
- Fleet Service Bodies
- Commercial Service Bodies
- Emergency Service Bodies
- Recreational Service Bodies
It is important to choose a service body that promotes productivity, functionality, and safety. A service body must be durable so it can stand the heavy load and the daily business operational requirements.
Come and sit down with us at MFI Service Bodies and let us know what your requirements are. We can match you with the perfect body that will not just address your storage needs and operational requirements, we will make your business vehicle look great too! We provide all types of commercial, emergency, fleet, recreational and specialised canopies.
Please call us today at MFI Service Bodies on 1300 634 669 or please fill out our enquiry form.