Let’s face it, price is a big factor in all our buying decisions. It’s no different when it comes to service bodies for our work ute. We all want big savings!
The cost of purchase should not be the only factor to consider. You want to keep a good balance between the price and its functionality, durability, security and efficiency. Service bodies play an essential role in conducting smooth and easy business operations.
You want to get all the must-haves and enjoy all the latest innovations. Sometimes, this means allowing more room in the budget in order to not sacrifice the quality of the ute canopy you need.
In this article, we will take a look at the pros and the cons of choosing a cheap canopy for your work vehicle.
- Savings – the main reason most people go for a cheap service body is the price. When you buy a cheaper one, you definitely get more “upfront” savings that you can use in other aspects of your business operations.
- They are mostly one-size-fits-all – cheaper service bodies are ready to install. They are mass-produced so they are easy to find.
- Simple design and setup – cheaper service bodies have straightforward designs. This means simple designs and layout which can work well for you because you get more room for customisation and improvements.
- More room for customisation – as mentioned above, their design and layout is very basic so when you buy one and install it yourself, you have more room to tweak it and make it into something that will fit your specific needs
- You have more budget for your business – people with smaller budgets may opt to buy a cheaper canopy so they can use the money saved for more important aspects of their business like inventory and other things.
- Inferior quality – a service body is an investment. Just like most items, the higher your budget, the better the quality you get. When you get a cheaper unit, that means you are getting one that is made from cheaper materials and a lower-quality level of craftsmanship.
- Customisation – as we mentioned in the pros, as a new premade canopy is like a blank canvas, you can customise it to a degree, however, when you get a high-quality canopy built specifically for your ute, you can customise it exactly the way you want it.
- Less durable – high-quality service bodies that will last a long time are made of high-quality materials that cost a little more. So when you get a cheap service body, it will not be as durable and will not last as long. This means you may have to buy another one a few years later. When you think about it, you actually save more money in the long run when you buy the high-quality variety, as it will last longer and will more than likely be just a one-time purchase.
- Less storage – when you get a cheap service body, you are sacrificing a lot of key features, especially storage. The main reason you get one is to have more space for your equipment and tools. It defeats the purpose of the service body itself if you aren’t able to maximise the storage space.
- Less secure – because you store important equipment and items in your service body, security features are essential. With cheaper canopies and service bodies, the security features may be dodgy and unreliable.
- Requires more maintenance – because cheaper service bodies aren’t made with durable materials such as aluminium, they will require more care and maintenance. Maintenance will, more often than not, require professional services which can be expensive.
When you go over the list of the pros and cons, it is more likely that you are going to spend more money in the long run when you get a cheaper service body.
If you’re lucky, you may get away with only needing repairs and maintenance however, it is most likely in just a few years you will be back on the market looking for a replacement.
This is why it is important to set a decent budget for a good quality service body. Do not sacrifice quality over price. Research and check the quality of the unit. You can tell if the price matches the quality. After all, you can’t expect to buy a sports car for the price of a sedan.
For more information and assistance regarding high-quality service bodies, contact MFI Service Bodies. Set up an appointment today so we can turn your vision into a reality!
Please call us today at MFI Service Bodies on 1300 634 669 or please fill out our enquiry form.