Adding an aluminium canopy to your ute can be a great move, especially if you normally use the vehicle to transport all sorts of tools and equipment, from one point to the next. Thanks to their unique features, aluminium canopies tend to be better than those made using other materials.
If you are thinking about installing an aluminium ute canopy onto your ute and would like to learn about the many benefits of these canopies, please read below.
What Are Ute Canopies?
Normally used by tradies to haul equipment and tools, ute canopies can be defined as any structure installed on the tray, tube or chassis of a ute, and designed with doors, windows, walls and roofing.
These additions normally enhance the functionality, look and value of your ute vehicle.
Benefits Of Using Aluminium Ute Canopies
Choosing an aluminium canopy for your vehicle comes with a variety of benefits including:
- Lightweight: One of the main benefits of aluminium canopies is that they are lightweight. While heavier canopies (like those made from steel) may end up making your vehicle significantly heavier – affecting the total amount of load that it can carry – aluminium canopies do not. As such, these canopies provide the same level of protection that steel canopies provide, without having a huge impact on your vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- Custom Options: Aluminium ute canopies come in all shapes and sizes, including a variety of customised options. This means that you can find a canopy that matches your exact needs. Whether you are looking for one with all sorts of trays and storage compartments to help you easily organise your tools and equipment, or something simple with an open layout, you can easily find what you want.
More importantly, you can even get a custom-made ute canopy that caters to all your unique requirements. For commercial purposes, you can even add some custom branding details to your ute to make sure that you advertise your business as you drive around!
- Easy To Maintain: The process of cleaning aluminium canopies is easy and straightforward. Since aluminium is also rust-resistant, you do not need to apply any coatings to keep it in good condition. As a result, these canopies can be used in any weather conditions without worrying about the onset of rust. All you need to keep your aluminium ute canopy in great condition, for many years to come, is to clean it whenever it gets dirty.
- Safeguards Your Cargo: If you really want to transport goods safely using your ute, be sure to get a canopy. Canopies keep your materials secure by ensuring that nothing falls from your vehicle during transit. Aluminium canopies are perfect for keeping your cargo safe by providing protection against extreme weather conditions.
- Increases The Value Of Your Vehicle: Whether you intend to sell your vehicle in the near future or not, it is worth noting that adding an aluminium canopy can help boost its resale value. As such, if and when the time comes to sell your ute, you can be sure that it will fetch a significantly higher price thanks to the added functionality.
Whether you intend to use your ute for commercial or personal applications, adding a canopy can help you enhance its functionality, value and even appearance. Thanks to their unique characteristics and features, aluminium canopies are considered to be better than other available options.
MFI Provides High-Quality Ute Service Bodies
If you are thinking about getting a ute canopy for your ute, MFI service bodies has you covered. Our engineering and fabrication team are always ready to customise your ute canopy to meet your needs as no other ute tray can.
For more information and assistance regarding high-quality service bodies, please call us today at MFI Service Bodies on 1300 634 669 or please fill out our enquiry form.